It’s Not Just About the Price of the HomeWhen most of us begin searching for a home, we naturally start by looking at the price. It’s important, however, to closely consider what else impacts
To Decorate Or Not To Decorate While Selling Your Home During The Holidays
Dated: December 4 2016
TO DECORATE OR NOT TO DECORATE WHILE SELLING YOUR HOME DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
The housing market doesn't come to a standstill during the holidays.
Why you should decorate -
Decorating your house will allow you and your family to celebrate the season while also offering any potential buyers a festive experience. Also, helping buyers to envision themselves in the home! If you do plan to decorate your home keep these tips in mind:
* Stick to neutral colors and decorations that complement your current decor
* Keep it simple - decorations could give your home a cluttered appearance
* Avoid decorations that block or hide important features or your home
* Don't leave gifts under your Christmas tree during showings
Why you shouldn't decorate -
Holiday decorations could negatively affect your home's appeal, whether it's because they make your house seem small or cramped, or because they're too much of a distraction for buyers who are trying to envision themselves in the home.
* Protecting your privacy, since personalized decorations and Christmas cards could reveal private details about your life
* The appearance of untidiness caused by real Christmas trees shedding nettles. Could also block off the part of the house where they are placed
Realty Executives Advantage
Karen & Henry Seale